A high level of customer satisfaction is a business objective for all brands and a key to success; So if you’re reading this article right now, you probably agree with this statement and are looking for advice on how to improve customer satisfaction, right? so let’s not waste your time anymore.
First of all, customer satisfaction affects your business revenue. low levels of customer satisfaction mean your retention rates will be low too. Kolsky’s research reveals that only 1 in 26 dissatisfied customers complain. however, more importantly, 91% of dissatisfied customers who don’t complain just leave.
with that in mind, can you afford to lose 91% of your dissatisfied customers? If not, check out the tips in the next section and find out how to identify dissatisfied customers by collecting their feedback.
Based on customer insights, you can improve your customer experience, increase customer satisfaction, and increase your retention rates. check out our customer satisfaction infographic for more information.
Let’s dive into 8 ways to increase customer satisfaction, then!
how to improve customer satisfaction?
So how can you improve customer satisfaction in today’s customer-centric world? To improve customer satisfaction, follow these steps:
- Gather customer feedback: To better understand your customers’ needs, you need to listen to them. and know what your customers want. By using surveys, you can measure customer satisfaction and find out what product enhancements your customers are requesting.
- Turn customer feedback into action: Now that you know what your customers want, it’s time to turn their feedback into action. For example, if a client says your onboarding sessions aren’t helpful, it’s worth working with their team to improve them.
- Improve Your Product or Service: You should constantly strive to improve your product or service based on customer feedback. For example, if the customer requests features that you can’t deliver yet, always update them on the progress. this allows you to keep customer satisfaction levels high.
- Follow-up with your clients: Have you made any improvements based on what your client has told you? follow up with the customer to let them know about it. keeping your customers informed shows that your business values customer feedback.
- offer multi-channel support
- make collecting feedback a company process
- measure customer satisfaction regularly
- ask for feedback at all touch points
- actively ask customers for feedback
- share feedback across all your teams
- respond to all comments
- act on complaints and negative reviews
So improving customer satisfaction comes down to collecting customer feedback and then acting on it. Therefore, these 8 tips will help you improve customer satisfaction:
offer multi-channel support
The easier your customers can get in touch with you, the higher their satisfaction levels. to offer multi-channel support, you need to be where your customers are.
Consumers use multiple channels and devices to make purchases. That is why it is worth having a presence to cover any channel that your clients use. these channels include:
- live chat support
- support in social networks
- email support
- telephone support
- collect customer feedback through surveys using different channels
- turn those comments into action
- website and web application surveys
- email surveys and links
- mobile app surveys
- intercom messenger polls
- customers appreciate it when you recognize that you hear their voices
- When you turn feedback into action, you help drive loyalty from your existing customers. and helps you keep them!
- customers who have a positive experience with your brand can become advocates for your brand
- always contact the customer directly after they have left a negative review
- try to fix their issue and update them on progress
- respond to negative reviews on review sites on one condition. only when you are sure it will not trigger an even more emotional response from the customer and hurt your business
- track reviews left by your customers
- let your customers know you have acknowledged and resolved their complaint
- unlimited free survey responses every month
- 3 survey distribution channels
- unlimited users
- unlimited surveys and questions in one survey
- 15 survey question types including nps, csat, and ces
- 23+ native integrations including intercom, hubspot and slack
In summary, what is the biggest benefit of multi-channel support? you can engage your customers in their preferred method of communication. so make sure you offer high-quality support on all channels. this allows you to increase the credibility of the brand, as well as the satisfaction of your customers.
Don’t you know how satisfied your customers are with the support you offer? try sending them this free, ready-to-use survey to find out:
make collecting feedback a company process
Who knows better what their customers want than the customers themselves?
Customer feedback is one of the most powerful resources your business can have. it is a clear indicator of how satisfied your customers are with your brand, services and products. Above all, customer feedback indicates the satisfaction levels of your customers.
It’s no surprise, then, that these customer-focused companies are 60% more profitable than non-customer-focused companies. Here is a simple recipe for becoming a customer-centric company:
it’s simple. you collect customer feedback. you act on customer feedback. you improve the customer experience and increase customer satisfaction. rinse and repeat.
taking customer feedback into account shows that you value customer feedback.
this is an example of a user experience survey:
Leaving that aside, let’s discuss how else you can improve customer satisfaction.
measure customer satisfaction regularly
bain’s study reveals that
but how do you know your customer satisfaction scores?
The first step is to measure customer satisfaction. as a result, you can receive valuable feedback on areas for improvement. but also find out what works well.
So how do you start measuring customer satisfaction? Here are the three most important customer experience metrics:
nps (net promoter score)
Ask how likely customers are to refer you. predict repurchases and referrals.
csat (customer satisfaction score)
See if customers are happy with your product or service.
ces (customer effort score)
Measure the ease of doing business with your company with the Customer Effort Score survey.
by running these three customer surveys, you can understand the drivers for improving customer satisfaction.
for example, imagine you know what your customers are complaining about. and you also know what they like about your product or service. Isn’t it easier then to keep them happy?
Suppose a customer mentions slow response times when giving a low csat score. You know you’ll need more people on your support team!
ask for feedback at all touchpoints
it’s simple. ask customers for feedback on where they are most engaged. there are many survey distribution channels to choose from.
for example, if you want to take csat surveys after closing a ticket, you can use email surveys.
and if you’re looking for feedback on a specific feature of your web app, take an in-product survey. you can turn it on to show up when a customer uses that feature!
There’s also an added benefit of the in-product survey besides crisp targeting. By integrating your survey software with a product analytics tool, you’ll be able to connect qualitative and quantitative data points to understand your customers even better. survicate, for example, allows you to connect with tools like mixpanel, amplitude, and productboard.
So what happens when you collect customer feedback across all your channels? then you can improve the entire customer journey.
here are all the survey channels you can use with survicate:
and here’s an example of a survey you can run after your customer interacts with your product:
or a survey for customers who contacted your customer support:
actively ask customers for feedback
don’t wait for customers to leave you unsolicited feedback on social media. instead, encourage customer feedback and proactively solicit it.
For example, a customer just bought from you? ask what made them buy. and what you can do to increase post-purchase customer satisfaction:
If you want to launch a new feature, it’s worth asking your customers what their expectations are. it’s a great way to make sure the new feature meets your needs. This, in turn, allows you to increase customer satisfaction levels.
share feedback across all your teams
Let’s face it, customer feedback is useless if you don’t listen to it. that’s why analyzing and responding to customer feedback should be a company-wide effort.
if a comment is about mobile app bugs, it’s best addressed by the product team.
But what if a customer complains about your recent social media campaign? then it is your marketing team that must answer.
The more the merrier. that is, the more people in your company collaborate on customer feedback, the greater the satisfaction of your customers.
sometimes you even need to involve management. For example, suppose a customer requested a custom feature. turns your product roadmap upside down. To push the new feature to the client, you need approval from your management. for superiors in your company to read the comments before approving the feature.
in other words, you need to pass each comment to the correct team.
In addition, you should foster a sense of customer service in your company. and encourage all teams to set aside some time each month to discuss customer feedback.
The ultimate payoff is that all of your teams will know exactly what your customers want. your departments will find it easier to synchronize their efforts.
respond to all comments
Whether you’re getting positive or negative customer feedback, it’s worth taking the time to respond to it.
if a customer is happy, you can capitalize on it. for example, by getting more positive reviews, case studies or testimonials.
but why is this important? 88% of consumers trust both user reviews and personal recommendations. therefore, creating social proof can encourage potential customers to buy from you.
and if a consumer is upset, they should try to figure out what makes them unhappy. you can then improve your product or service and reduce the likelihood of churn.
what to do when you receive new comments? if it’s negative, be sure to apologize to the customer. in high-risk cases, it can even offer compensation. here is a sample response to negative customer feedback:
on the other hand, if the feedback is positive, try asking the customer for a favor. some people need a little encouragement to leave you a positive review or testimonial.
Above all, the least you can do is thank the customer for taking the time to complete your survey. because tracking customer feedback is a surefire way to increase customer satisfaction.
here are more customer satisfaction tips on how to handle customer feedback:
Responding to customer feedback can only increase your customer satisfaction levels. think of it this way. if you spent 10 minutes of your time answering a survey, would you want the company to follow up with you or not?
act on complaints and negative criticism
Did you know that complaints and negative reviews are a source of valuable feedback? when you analyze them, you know exactly what your customers want.
so treat complaints and negative reviews as an opportunity. it is an opportunity to build closer relationships with your customers. here are some tips to help you:
These tips will help you improve your customer satisfaction levels. why? more than two-thirds of users trust reviews more when they are a mix of negative and positive aspects.
as a result, negative reviews won’t ruin your business if you respond well to them.
how to start increasing customer satisfaction
what is the biggest advantage of conducting surveys and measuring customer satisfaction? it tells you a lot about what to improve and how customers view your business.
If you want to improve customer satisfaction levels with a great customer satisfaction tool, choose survicate. survicate offers a free lifetime plan that gives you:
it’s easy to conduct customer satisfaction surveys with survicate. and to measure your nps, csat and ces! You also don’t need to worry about the technical setup.
There are many more factors you can consider when thinking about your customer service and increasing customer satisfaction with your brand. We recommend you follow our advice to make things easier, but don’t limit yourself.
You can master your brand’s customer service, and you should never stop if you want to achieve real success and be the exemplary love brand.
- 25 Amazing Omnichannel Statistics Every Marketer Should Know
- how to create a customer-centric strategy for your business
- 20 Examples of Social Proof in Action
- online opinion statistics that will help you improve your business