2022 Paula&x27s Choice Review
paula’s choice skin perfecting 2% bha liquid exfoliator
- price: $
- active ingredients: salicylic acid, green tea
- pros: gently exfoliates, lightens skin, evens skin tone
- cons: can be irritating if overused
- ideal for: dull skin, clogged pores, acne-prone skin
- price: $$
- active ingredients: retinol, squalane, vitamin c, vitamin e
- pros: combines retinol and antioxidants, silky serum formula
- cons: feels oily when you first apply it
- ideal for: wrinkles, uneven skin tone
- price: $$
- active ingredients: ceramides, vitamin c, retinol
- pros: creamy, hydrating formula, low concentration of retinol
- cons: results are not immediate
- ideal for: wrinkles, shine under the eyes
- price: $$
- active ingredients: niacinamide, allantoin, licorice extract, vitamin c
- pros: improves uneven skin texture, reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines
- cons: super sheer formula, almost meant to blend with other products
- best for: dull skin, uneven skin tone, texture concerns
- price: $$$
- active ingredients: vitamin c, vitamin e, ferulic acid, hyaluronic acid
- pros: lightweight formula absorbs quickly
- cons: can have an unpleasant odor
- best for: visible signs of aging, dull and uneven skin tone
- price: $$
- active ingredients: glycolic acid, lactic acid, mandelic acid, malic acid, tartaric acid, butterfly pea flower extract
- advantages: fast results
- cons: can be irritating to sensitive skin
- ideal for: visible wrinkles, uneven skin, clogged pores
- price: $$
- active ingredients: shea butter, broad spectrum spf 50, niacinamide
- pros: has spf
- cons: can irritate the eyes
- ideal for: dry skin
Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Scrub is perhaps the brand’s most well-known and revered product. and for a good cause. This formula is gentle enough to use daily to exfoliate dead skin cells, cleanse pores, and reveal a more radiant, even complexion. It has a nice light lotion texture that absorbs super fast.
although you can use it every day, i used it day in and day out, alternating with paula’s pick intensive wrinkle repair retinol serum below. I found that it visibly reduced hyperpigmentation left over from previous acne scars and blackheads. overall my skin looked smoother and brighter.
Reading: Paula choice skin care reviews
best retinol treatment
paula’s choice intensive wrinkle repair serum with retinol
paula’s choice intensive wrinkle repair retinol serum is one of the few i have seen that combines retinol and antioxidants like vitamin c. the effect is one that treats the appearance of wrinkles, helps with lightness, and improves firmness, uneven skin tone, and red marks.
You can use it twice a day, but I like to alternate acids and retinol, so I only used it every other day. the formula almost goes on like an oil so at first i thought it was a bit greasy. but it absorbed super fast and left me with a dewy glow. I’m almost sure it helped smooth out some of my fine lines under my eyes as well.
best eye cream
paula’s choice ceramide-enriched firming eye cream
See also: ✅2020 Nitro OBD2 Review
paula’s choice ceramide-enriched firming eye cream combines five ceramides and fatty acids, the skin’s primary lipids that make up approximately 50% of the top layers and help keep skin smooth and strong. It also includes four forms of Vitamin C, Retinol, and plant-derived brighteners to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and bags under the eyes.
My dark circles aren’t too pronounced, so I didn’t notice much of a difference in this area. but I liked the general formula. it was creamy enough that a little went a long way, and my eyes look visibly more hydrated.
best serum for radiance
paula’s choice 10% niacinamide booster
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3. Research has found that it can help reduce the appearance of large pores, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, and dry skin. this paula-chosen formula uses a whopping 10% and the effect is visibly calmer, more hydrated and radiant skin.
The product is intended to be used as a booster, so a little goes a long way. it feels pure and watery. just about 2 drops mixed into your moisturizer works wonders. i noticed many reviewers on the paula’s choice website also mention that her skin feels and looks visibly smoother and brighter.
best vitamin c serum
paula’s choice c15 super booster
I think vitamin c should be a mainstay in anyone’s morning routine. It is an anti-pollutant that helps neutralize free radical damage to the skin. Paula’s Choice C15 Super Booster is formulated with a 15 percent blend of Vitamin C, also known as L-Ascorbic Acid, with a pH of 3.0. it also includes other skin-stabilizing antioxidants such as vitamin e, ferulic acid, and peptides.
See also: 2016 Jeep Patriot Tested &8211 Review &8211 Car and Driver
All together, these ingredients can help slow the signs of aging and help you get smoother, brighter, and firmer-looking skin. I’ve been a fan of vitamin c for a long time, so luckily I didn’t have a lot of hyperpigmentation issues to begin with, but I definitely liked this formula for maintenance.
best peeling treatment
paula’s choice exfoliating peeling 25% aha + 2% bha
This peel employs a strong blend of multiple acids. has 2 percent salicylic acid, plus an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) blend of 8.4 percent glycolic acid, 7.1 percent lactic acid, 5 percent mandelic acid, 2.5 percent malic and 2 percent tartaric acid for multi-level resurfacing butterfly pea flower extract helps soothe and gives skin its lilac color.
apply weekly to clean, dry skin and leave on for 10 minutes. this worked wonders for me. I felt my skin was hydrated, supple and extra-bright after using it. That being said, I have oily skin that is not sensitive at all. so keep in mind that this may be an advanced product for anyone who hasn’t come into contact with acids yet or has ultra-sensitive skin.
best moisturizer with spf
paula’s choice skin restorative moisturizer spf 50
As the last step in any skincare routine, a sun protection factor (SPF) moisturizer kills two birds with one stone. this formula is specially formulated for dry skin with antioxidants like shea butter, coffee seed butter, niacinamide, and licorice.
Although the formula seemed a bit thick, I found it very moisturizing and non-greasy. It sinks in beautifully, doesn’t leave a white cast, and works as a great primer before you apply foundation.
See also: Nuna RAVA Review | Tested by BabyGearLab