Nu Finish car polish: the car polish that really isn’t
Labeled as a once-a-year auto polish, nu finish is a classic case of being misrepresented and misinformed by the industry itself as a consumer. this product actually works quite well as a retail product, it is neither a polish nor a wax.
this product was developed by the reed-union corporation in the early 1970s, this company continues to create new products as it leverages its brand recognition to sell more and more products; even though it is not officially part of the cosmetic car care industry.
Reading: How to use nu finish car polish review
a quick perusal on this page reveals that it is a company (like many others) that uses ambiguous terms and labels to simply separate you from your money in the form of another product that, while working fairly well, is still less dependent on-then honest information. could poke endless holes in your use of terminology and information that are nothing more than puns.
but show me an industry that doesn’t employ less than ethical sales and marketing strategies!
nu finish car polish review
Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish
- 100% synthetic.
- does not contain wax.
- not really a glaze.
- don’t really “buy” any product that claims a year of protection.
- easy enough to use.
- will stain the border black.
- I would buy and use… if there were no other options.
- for the minimalist in life who doesn’t like to overthink anything!
- easy to find. (just use the link above and get yours through amazon)
- fairly easy to use. (comes on, comes off pretty easily)
- Lasts as long as most automotive waxes and sealants. (this is also a never-ending debate; enough to make your eyes roll!)
- many satisfied car owners/consumers. (ignorant of better alternatives, but satisfied nonetheless)
- there are better waxes and sealants out there.
- there are better products out there that are formulated by companies that actually make car care products (nu finish is not one of them. a product originally produced by a company that has no experience caring for car surfaces)
- Whether you choose an auto wax or an auto sealant, you have many superior product choices.
- all products below are 100% synthetic sealants. (nu finish is a 100% synthetic sealer)
- all products below are liquid versions.
- all products below are available through this website.
- All products below are considered to be enthusiast to professional level. (nu finish is a retail grade sealer. you will never find a professional using nu finish in the real world)
- All products below are cheaply priced. (not as cheap as nu finish, but not as cheap either)
- one of the car paint sealers I use professionally. (and the only mothers product I use professionally)
- can be used in direct sunlight (despite manufacturer’s instructions)
- easy to put on, easy to take off.
- it’s actually mislabeled as it’s a synthetic blend of polymers rather than an actual carnauba wax.
- the only product I use and/or recommend to mothers.
- A trusted name in cosmetic care since the dawn of time. (well, at least for a long time)
- amazing reviews from amazon.
- Another case where the manufacturer mislabels the product as a wax instead of a sealant, which is what it is. (I guess the industry is tired of fighting the tide of popular terminology and just chooses to use a name people instantly understand: wax)
- It’s also a non-staining formula, unlike “car polish that’s applied once a year.” (this means it won’t smear or leave a white haze on the black edge)
- another excellent paint sealant.
- easy to put on, easy to take off.
- wolfgang is a favorite among many professional detailers.
- enthusiast/professional grade.
- great amazon reviews.
- one of my favorite cosmetic car care companies.
“The whole thing about car waxes is an endless game of chasing its tail. From natural carnauba-based car waxes to synthetic car sealants. Endless opinions from so-called driveway detailers experts… it’s enough to make you think explode!”
does car polish really work once a year?:
See also: How to Delete Your Care.com Account 6 Alternatives to Finding the Best Care for Your Family
The simple answer is yes. and if all you’re looking for is something that works, then you need look no further.
but what exactly “works” about this car polish that isn’t a car polish?
why not choose car polish once a year?
The simple answer is that there are much better alternatives. alternatives that should be based on the type of person you are and the type of car you are trying to wax or seal or polish.
darren’s pro picks:
Without overloading you with endless options as alternatives to this nufinish car polish, I’m going to limit my favorites when it comes to what I would consider an apples-and-apples comparison:
synthetic wax mothers:
Mothers 05716 California Gold Synthetic Wax – 16 oz.
Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax:
See also: 15 Customer Service Skills & How to Improve (Step-by-Step)
Meguiar’s G18220 Ultimate Liquid Wax, 20 oz
wolfgang high gloss
Wolfgang WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
chemical type paint sealer:
Chemical Guys WAC_113_16 M-Seal Micro Finish Factory Paint Sealant (16 oz)
pro tips from darren:
There are almost endless options when it comes to automotive paint sealants like all the products we’ve discussed on this page. you can spend endless hours researching and reading the endless stream of opinions. And if the thought of countless hours of research gives you goosebumps, then spend the rest of the day searching and reading!
If you have a dark colored car, then I recommend you visit my best car waxes page. (link will open in a new window)
otherwise, the simple answer is that any of the automotive paint sealants on this page will work fine for most of you. With so many amazing products to choose from, deciding which one is “best” will largely depend on the nuances of the product itself.
hope this helps…and don’t forget to share this page and join my youtube channel!
See also: Career goals for performance review: 60 examples that will make you a high achiever
- home page ›
- car wax reviews ››
- this page