✅2020 Nitro OBD2 Review
matt here with the scanner responds with a nitro obd2 check. there has been a lot of buzz around this chip because it claims to improve engine power and increase fuel economy by “automatically adjusting the ecu configuration”. I was skeptical of this tool and we’re still not convinced it’s a great solution. We tested it on a 2005 Tundra and saw about a 1.5 mpg increase after using a full tank. power seemed unaffected. we have spoken to other friends who have used it and they also have mixed reports. some people say they feel a power boost and mileage gain, others say the tool did nothing.
Reading: Benzine cars nitro obd2 review
a look at the nitro obd2 performance chip tuning box
Simply put: If you’re trying to get that last mileage out of your commuter car, give this chip a try. but don’t expect magical results.
what is obd2 nitro chip?
Constructed with a striking yellow outer shell with crisp white accents, the Nitro OBD2 Performance Tuning Chip is a powerful device that works to increase the performance and reliability of vehicle engines.
Perfect for the budget-conscious buyer, this highly affordable vehicle diagnostic product provides immensely valuable information on damaged car systems while effortlessly increasing performance levels.
Made to fit all cars made after 1996, the Nitro OBD2 is easy to install and simply plugs into the OBD2 connector found on all vehicles.
Using the Nitro Performance OBD2 OBDII Chip Tuning Box is relatively easy to use and simply requires plugging the device into the OBD2 connector found under the dash on all vehicles made after 1996. Twist and hold the ignition for 30 seconds and then turning the engine on will start the operation of the OBD2 diagnostic device, at which time it can start scanning your vehicle.
The nitro obd2 obdii performance chip tuning box will produce a multitude of results when it comes to your cars maintenance, troubleshooting and performance issues. With this critically important information, car owners can easily and effectively self-diagnose and troubleshoot in an affordable manner without having to consult an expensive mechanic or expensive shop and ultimately make well-informed decisions about performance. and the reliability of their vehicles.
product summary and details:
Nitro Obdii Performance Tuning Chart: Full Summary
The nitro obd performance chip tuning box is a highly affordable option for vehicle owners looking for a device that encompasses performance, affordability, and strength. Capable of being used on both gasoline and diesel turbo cars, the Nitro OBD2 works based on remapping the vehicle’s computer ECU through highly specialized OBD2 protocols.
See also: Top 10 Loudest Car Horns in 2023 – Bass Head Speakers
after driving 124 miles, nitro’s obd2 takes individualized driving style into account and self-adjusts to the car and proceeds to remap the ecu again to increase the vehicles engine performance capabilities.
obd’s ability to recognize individualized driving style not only allows it to increase performance, but also allows it to continuously remap and self-tune to increase a vehicle’s torque, power and dexterity.
how does it work?
Nitro’s OBD2 features simple operation and only needs to be plugged into your vehicle’s OBD2 connector to immediately generate diagnostic error and fault codes, further increasing your car’s performance.
When plugged into the obdii connector, the nitro receives important information from your vehicle’s ecu system. This information informs the Nitro OBD2 to automatically adjust injection timing, pressure, and fuel amounts to dramatically increase car performance in countless ways.
get the best price on amazon obdii nitro chip here
Obd2 Nitro Performance Chip Tuning Box Features
- up to 35% more power
- up to 25% more torque
- easy to use without effort
- works by changing the signals from the ecu to improve the entire injection map
- ce/fcc/rohs certificates
- very affordable and economical performance chip
- easily removable
- safe and affordable fitting method
- automatic adjustment mechanism that takes into account the personalized driving style
- features optimal settings ideal for your vehicle without the need for additional adjustments
- recognizes individualized driving style after 124 miles of driving and automatically adjusts to improve performance
- returns to factory settings after unplugging
- equipped with comprehensive engine protection functions that ensure the safety of your vehicle.
- produced with smd technology
- plug nitro obd2 into your car obd2 connector which is under dash
- turn the ignition on and hold it for 30 seconds without starting the vehicle
- press the reset button for about 5 seconds
- release the button and wait approximately 30-60 seconds while nitro obd2 communicates and establishes connection to the ecu
- proceed to start the engine
- follow the code reading procedures in the instruction manual
- when prompted, enter the vehicle vin, vehicle make and model, and engine type
- start the scan to receive diagnostic trouble codes.
- clear codes as needed
- if you need more information on individual faults and error codes, please refer back to the instruction manual or cd-rom that came with the obd2 scanner, or do a quick internet search
- use your newly discovered diagnostic information to make the right modifications, repairs, and purchases to improve and repair your vehicle
- read diagnostic trouble, fault and error codes
- read generic and manufacturer specific codes
- interprets the meanings of over 3000 generic codes and their definitions from a comprehensive database
- clears diagnostic error codes and turns off check engine light (mil)
- display current sensor data
- engine revs
- coolant temperatures
- calculated load values
- vehicle speeds
- states of the fuel system
- short term fuel trims
- long-term fuel trims
- intake manifold pressures
- time advances
- car must be on while connecting, to facilitate successful connection
- diversity and contrast in lighting can cause display color to change and will require a more careful look at the codes displayed on the screen
- the margin of error of obd2 nitro performance chip tuning boxes is plus or minus 1-3 cm. nitro chip is incompatible with the following vehicles:
- 1995 ford ranger
- 2000 sarum
- 2000 Honda Civic
- 2001 Altima
- dodge neon 2002
- 2002 acura
- 2003 gmc
- 2003 Ford
- 2005 toyota vitz
- renault clio 2005
how to install nitro performance chip
Nitro Obd2 Performance Chip Tuning Box – Additional Information
Obd2 Nitro Performance Chip Tuning Chart – Notes & Miscellaneous Information
car performance chips
Today, getting your vehicle tuned up no longer means taking it to the shop and changing the oil and replacing a few major parts. it might just involve installing a car performance chip to do the job. A large number of specialized companies can reprogram your engine’s control unit to make it more efficient. This can give you better performance and can also give you better fuel economy and save you money in the long run. All this can cost you several hundred dollars, but the question remains, is it worth it?
do performance chips work?
Today, programs and software control the engine of a car. it is no longer as simple as a hydraulic press. If you visit specialists, they can connect a laptop to your car and download some settings to the diagnostic port to improve its performance. and many swear that performance chips make a significant difference. however, the main argument is about fuel economy. and it could be argued that it’s a fair argument, as it saves you money over time. some drivers also believe that it is a much cheaper way to get faster cars. and while that may be an argument that favors style over substance, it holds true for speed demons.
See also: Diono Rainier Review – Car Seats For The Littles
We believe that the chips work much better in diesel vehicles (such as powerstroke or cummins) than in a naturally aspirated gasoline engine.
Vehicle manufacturers say that it is an investment that in the end is not worth it, since it alters the parameters of safe operation that they themselves set. If they are exceeded for whatever reason, and repeatedly, the car is bound to suffer from problems down the road. let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of performance chips.
performance seems to be the first thing drivers say when they talk about performance chips. some have sworn that it improves a car’s speed by 30% and that you get a lot more bang for your buck if you spend a couple hundred bucks more upgrading your car.
Some people claim to see a 1-2 mpg increase after installing their performance chips, but our results vary.
Mileage is also mentioned all the time. The performance chip alters the car’s fuel mix, thus giving you much more power with every drop of fuel you buy.
As identified by car manufacturers, the car can be severely damaged if its speed and mileage are altered due to performance chips. Over time, this damage can build up and irreversibly kill the car. as a result, the car may lose some of its resale value.
The biggest downside is that the chip probably won’t do anything at all. worse than that, they could void your warranty or cause serious damage. is it worth the risk?
Warranty may also be affected by the installation of a performance chip. Not only will your warranty be voided if the performance chip is installed, but the insurance company will void most or all of your policies. This is because the car owner has altered the operating conditions of the car. therefore, the car company and the insurance company are no longer fully responsible for problems that may occur with the car due to the modification of the factory set limits.
Even if you buy a performance chip, there are several considerations to keep in mind. You should check with the manufacturer and go through various reviews over and over again before making a purchase. cheap chips are a bargain, but can end up doing more harm than good.
we think nitro makes a lot of outlandish claims about this tool. increasing power by 30% is usually only seen by adding a supercharger or turbo. If you have 10 bucks lying around and want to give it a try, you could see some decent fuel economy improvements. If not, you’re probably better off saving money and investing in an octane boost or high performance spark plugs and wires.
maybe an obd2 tool like bluedriver is what you need to make sure your engine runs at peak performance.
I hope this nitro performance chip review has helped you make an informed decision. if you have any questions please leave a comment 🙂
See also: The Arc Vehicle Donation Program Review