AA Auto Protection: Reviews, Plans, Cost (2023) | Automoblog
affiliate disclosure: automoblog and its partners may receive compensation when you purchase the products below.
The only thing worse than experiencing an unexpected car repair is not being able to afford it. If you’ve researched repair coverage options, you may have come across an AA Auto Protection Extended Warranty. But is the provider the right choice for your needs?
Reading: Aa extended car warranty reviews
In this article, we’ll look at AA Auto Protection’s coverage options, customer service, reputation in the industry, and more. We’ll also discuss our best recommended warranty providers if you decide an aa auto protection extended warranty isn’t the right option.
We’ve reviewed the best auto extended warranty providers in the industry and recommend you contact a few for quotes. To find the best coverage plan for you, compare free, no-obligation quotes from top providers below.
car warranty reviews aa
aa auto protection is rated 1.47 out of 5 stars by customers at the better business bureau (bbb). Despite its many years in business, AA Auto Protection has low customer satisfaction ratings on the BBB. in fact, it has an unaccredited f rating from the organization.
In addition to negative customer reviews, there are also alerts on the bbb for the following reasons:
- aa auto protection uses an “a” rating logo on its website, similar to the bbb rating logo, which can mislead customers.
- There has been a pattern of complaints that AA Auto Protection does not refund canceled policies.
- when the bbb contacted aa auto protection, mail sent to the central address was returned as undeliverable.
- United Car Care
- matrix warranty solutions
- royal management services
- national guarantee administration
- Full Coverage: This bumper-to-bumper extended warranty covers any mechanical or electrical repair except as listed exclusions.
- Premium Declared Component Coverage: This premium coverage plan protects many parts and is best for cars that don’t qualify for full coverage.
- Established Component Coverage: This contract covers most in-car systems at an affordable price.
- Premium Powertrain Plus Coverage: This powertrain plan covers the engine, transmission, driveshaft, water pump and a few other parts.
- Premium Powertrain Coverage: This plan covers the engine, transmission and powertrain package.
- cosmetic damage
- routine maintenance services
- aftermarket modifications or parts
- wear items such as brake pads
- damage due to misuse or lack of maintenance
- damage to a covered party by a non-covered party
- Deductible: A lower deductible often leads to a higher overall cost of coverage.
- Type of vehicle: Older cars with higher mileage are more prone to breakdowns, which increases the price of an extended warranty.
- vehicle reliability: Certain car brands have higher average repair costs than others, which also increases coverage prices.
- Type of coverage: Comprehensive coverage plans with longer terms will cost more than a basic powertrain warranty with a two- or three-year limit.
- Affordability: A variety of factors influence cost, so it can be difficult to compare quotes between providers. our team performs ongoing secret shopper analysis for different vehicles, mileage, warranty plans, and locations to award this rating.
- Coverage: Because each consumer has unique needs, it is essential that an auto warranty company offer a variety of coverage options. we take into account the number of plans each provider offers, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Industry Standing: Our team considers the best business bureau ratings (bbb), availability, and years in business when giving this score.
- Customer Service: Reputable extended automotive warranty companies operate with a degree of focus on consumers. we take into account customer feedback, bbb complaints and the responsiveness of the customer service team.
Is automatic protection legitimate?
aa auto protection offers a variety of extended warranty contracts administered by other companies. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the company has been in business for more than 30 years. As a contract broker, AA Auto Protection does not handle any claims itself. instead, the company acts as an intermediary between the warranty providers and the drivers.
here are the current aa auto protection administrators:
is an aa warranty worth it?
The pros and cons of extended car warranties vary from driver to driver and should be considered before your car’s factory warranty or Certified Pre-Owned warranty expires. Depending on your situation, you may find it easier to manage your monthly extended car warranty payment than paying for a $500 or $1,000 repair out of pocket. on the other hand, if you have a healthy savings account and are prepared to handle expensive repair bills, you may not need an extended warranty.
Quietness is another factor to consider. Car extended warranty companies offer protection against unexpected mechanical failure and related stress. for some drivers, safety is worth the investment.
That being said, we recommend researching at least three industry-leading extended warranty companies to compare quotes and get an idea of each company’s customer service. Most reputable third-party extended warranty companies will give you a free quote over the phone specific to your vehicle. that way, you can decide if the cost of a used car warranty is worth it to you.
aa extended car warranty reviews
aa auto protection has had about 30 reviews and 150 complaints in the last three years. it’s usually a reflection of poor customer service when there are far more complaints than reviews. aa auto protection performs slightly better on trustpilot, where it has a 2.0 star rating.
See also: Rex Orange County – "Who Cares?" review | The Young Folks
Below are some examples of positive and negative reviews of aa car protection.
“I had this company and never had a problem when I had my warranty.”
– michelle a. via bbb
“[the company is] very honest and upfront about coverage and what to expect. [also provides] details on how the program works and what to expect from the repair center. [I had a] very pleasant meeting.”
– mitch w. via bbb
“good customer service until I canceled my warranty, now they avoid me. they forwarded me to random voicemail boxes, lied to me and hung up on me repeatedly. I have waited over two months for a refund which they say should take three to four weeks.”
– ex. via bbb
“When the booklet policy arrived, it covered almost nothing and clearly wasn’t even close to what we agreed to over the phone. don’t buy a policy from these people and don’t believe anything they tell you over the phone.”
– maureen o. via bbb
what does the aa warranty cover?
aa auto protection offers five types of extended auto warranty plans. Since the company works with multiple warranty administrators, drivers can choose from multiple contracts under each blanket coverage plan known as vehicle service contracts. here is an overview of coverage levels:
aa auto protection warranty exclusions
aa extended warranty benefits
It’s industry standard to offer additional benefits such as roadside assistance, rental car coverage, and trip interruption. The exact benefits and allowances for AA auto protection plans are up to the administrator. Unfortunately, the AA Auto Protection website does not provide sample contracts for each coverage plan.
aa warranty claims
The company makes it very clear on its website that it does not handle any claims itself. If a mechanical breakdown occurs, you should contact your contract administrator to file a claim. The first thing you need to do is safely get your car to a repair shop. then connect the store with your admin’s claim number so the admin can authorize the repair.
If the repair is covered, you can use the applicable benefits, such as rental car coverage and trip interruption reimbursement. but if the repair is not covered, you will be responsible for diagnostic charges or disassembly necessary to find the problem.
cost of a used car warranty
See also: Solar Tri Cool Reviews – Too Good to be True?
aa auto protection offers several deductible options, which are also servicer dependent. drivers can choose payment terms of up to 24 months.
Supplier does not post prices online, a common industry practice as multiple factors affect total cost. Here’s what can affect the cost of your extended car warranty:
aa car warranty quote
aa auto protection offers two ways to get a quote: you can call the company directly or fill out an online quote form. however, the quote form is not instant. you have to wait for a representative to email or call you with your quote.
used car warranty refund
aa auto protection offers a 30 day money back guarantee. you can get a full refund as long as you haven’t used the plan in the first 30 days. after 30 days, you will receive a prorated refund.
aa car warranty: conclusion
Given AA Auto Protection’s negative customer reviews and poor reputation in the industry, we recommend that you continue to look for other extended warranty providers. AA Auto Protection offers several coverage plans, but top-rated auto extended warranty companies provide similar options. often these companies will also offer sample contracts online.
our top picks for extended warranty coverage
There are many reputable extended auto warranty companies beyond auto protection. the best providers compete to win customers by offering reliable service and good prices. it’s a good idea to compare quotes from various companies to find the best deal.
after reviewing several vendors, we rate the stamina as the best overall. We consider affordability, industry position, coverage, and customer satisfaction when rating providers. In our research, we found that Carchex is also a great option for used cars. You can’t go wrong with quotes from any of these companies.
stamina: best general
There are a few things we like about the stamina. For example, Endurance is a direct warranty provider, so you don’t have to work with another company when filing a claim. The company has five coverage plans that can extend up to 8 years or more than 200,000 miles. you can read sample contracts for each coverage plan online to understand what is covered.
All Endurance warranties come with the longest list of additional benefits in the industry, including roadside assistance, rental car coverage, tire repairs, discounts on purchases and more.
Learn more in our resistor warranty review and get a free resistor quote below.
carchex: the best for used cars
If your vehicle already has 175,000 miles on it, but is still running great, you may want to consider carchex. This provider can cover up to 250,000 miles, which is more than other major carriers. carchex offers five extended warranty options with a good range of additional benefits. the company has been in business for over 20 years and is a+ rated with bbb accreditation.
Learn more in our carchex review and get a free, personalized carchex quote by clicking below.
AA Used Car Warranty: Frequently Asked Questions
our expert review team is happy to provide accurate and unbiased information. We identified the following rating categories based on consumer survey data and conducted extensive research to formulate rankings of the best automotive extended warranty providers.
See also: The Great Leather Car Seat Cleaner of 2023 (Review) – Old Cars Weekly